87 active users    
1029 visitors today    
1885 pages today    
 
Last Modified: AUGUST-21-2010    
 
 Index of Sources
 

R. PATTIS

 
"Code should run as fast as necessary, but no faster; something important is always traded away to increase speed."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"Programming languages, like pizzas, come in too sizes; too big and too small."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"The code for a computer system provides the ecology in which [more] code is born, matures, and dies. A well-designed habitat allows for the successful evolution of all the components needed in a computer system."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"The three most important aspects of debugging and Real Estate are the same: Location, Location, and Location."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"There is a famous rule in performance optimization called the 90/10 rule: 90% of a program's execution time is spent in only 10% of its code. The standard inference from this rule is that programmers should find that 10% of the code and optimize it, because that's the only code where improvements make a difference in the overall system performance. But a second inference is just as important: programmers can deoptimize the other 90% of the code (in order to make it easier to use, maintain, etc.), because deterioration (of performance) of that code won't make much of a diffence in the overall system performance."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"When debugging, novices insert corrective code; experts remove defective code."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

"When teaching a rapidly changing technology, perspective is more important than content."
- R. Pattis
Send the Quote in Email        

Previous  .  Home  .  Next
 
Contact Us   |   Add Quotes   |   Advertise  |   Home  |     
 Search Quotes
 
 Free Newsletter!
 
 Tell a Friend!
Recommend this site
to your friend